|300g Puff Pastry|
|60g Grated Strong Cheddar Cheese|
|3x 180g Baby Beetroot, each one halved|
|Sprig of Thyme|
|80ml Balsamic Vinegar|
|Drizzle Olive Oil|
|100g Soft Goats Cheese|
|Handful Watercress Leaves|
What to do:
- First, unroll the puff pastry. On one half, sprinkle the grated cheddar cheese, keeping 2cm from the edge. Fold over and press down the edges.
- Take a rolling pin and gently roll the pastry so it begins to flatten. Fold in half, then in half again, and pop in the fridge to firm up, approx. 30 minutes.
- Once the pastry has firmed, roll out again, so it’s back to its original size.
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees.
- Take the pan you will use (8-10inch recommended) for your tatin, and put on a medium heat.
- Add the olive oil, and then the beetroots and sauté together with the thyme for 4-5 minutes, allowing them to get a little colour.
- Give a good stir, and add the honey, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Once bubbling, reduce on a high heat until it’s a glaze.
- Lay your sheet of cheesy pastry over the top and tuck in the edges to make it snug.
- Put the pan in the oven for 20 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown.
- When ready, take out and let cool as it is for 20 minutes.
- Place a plate on top of the pan and carefully turn over allowing the tart to come out.
- Slice the goats cheese and lay on the tart, then Cut into 6 slices and garnish with watercress leaves to finish.