With its hot pink hue and fiery beetroot kick, this lavish mash recipe won’t fail to impress, especially when served up with fillet steak and fresh green veg. A great winter warmer, whether indulging alone or sharing with friends.
|400g mashing potatoes|
|4 sweet chilli beetroot from the infused beetroot ready-to-eat range|
|2 fillet steaks|
|1tsp olive oil|
|4 tbsp Crème Fraiche|
|Salt and pepper|
|100g Tenderstem broccoli, steamed & tossed in Lemon juice and olive oil|
What to do:
- Peel the potatoes and cut each into 8. Put them into a large pan of salted water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- While the potatoes cook, chop the beetroot into quarters and season the steaks.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and when it’s very hot cook the steaks for 3-4 minutes on each side (longer if you want them well done). When the steaks are cooked to your liking, put them on a warm plate and set aside to rest.
- Once the potatoes are just tender add the beetroot to the water and simmer for 2 minutes longer. Drain the water away and add the crème fraiche to the pan. Mash everything together well until you have a smooth pink mash. Season to taste.
- Slice the steak and serve with a dollop of mash and the steamed Tenderstem. Pour any meat juices over.