This delicious salad combines quartered radishes with cubes of potato and beetroot and slices of boiled egg and chopped gherkin in a mayonnaise sauce and makes a great lunch dish on its own or as an accompaniment to Shahsyk Lamb kebabs (marinated in Lemon, paprika, onion, garlic and bay).
|For the salad|
|800g Waxy potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes|
|12 mixed radish, quartered|
|4 gherkins cut into disks|
|2 cooked beetroot, chopped|
|Salt and pepper|
|For the dressing|
|Small bunch dill|
|3 Anchovy fillets|
What to do:
- Put the potatoes into a saucepan of salted water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 8-10 minutes until they are tender. Drain and tip into a large bowl.
- While the potatoes are cooking put the eggs in a saucepan and just cover them with water. Bring to the boil over a medium heat and simmer for 4 minutes. Drain and run under cold water to cool the shell then gently peel the shell away.
- To make the sauce chop the dill then chop the anchovies very small and mash with the side of the knife as you go. Mix the mayonnaise, dill and anchovies together.
- Put the potatoes, radish and gherkins into a large bowl, tip in the mayonnaise and gently combine until everything is well coated.
- Slice the eggs into quarters. Tip the potato salad into a serving bowl, scattering through the beetroot as you go. Top with the egg and scatter over a few remaining dill sprigs.
If you prefer not to use anchovies add a good glug of Worcestershire sauce instead.
Makes a great lunch dish or an accompaniment to Lamb kebabs (marinated in Lemon, paprika, onion, garlic and bay)