Inspired by Nigella Lawson and her love for reginette pasta, this pretty dish looks decadent but is actually deliciously healthy. The beetroot sauce turns the pasta a pretty pink hue, while the rocket adds a splash of green and a fresh crispness. And if you fancy something a bit more indulgent, try dressing the salad prior to adding the pasta and topping it off with parmesan shavings.
|280g Reginette pasta|
|2 cloves garlic|
|1 pack infused beetroot - Sweet Chilli or Red Wine Vinegar|
|2tsp olive oil|
|200ml low fat sour cream|
|2 large handfuls rocket|
|Small bunch Chives, finely chopped|
|Salt and pepper|
|To serve (optional)|
|Your favourite salad dressing or a drizzle of oil|
What to do:
- Boil a kettle of water, pour into a large saucepan and bring back to the boil. Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking roughly chop the shallots, garlic and beetroot. Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the shallots for 5-6 minutes until they start to soften. Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Take off the heat and add the beetroot and sour cream to the pan. Blend the mixture using a hand blender or food processor to a coarse sauce. Taste and season well with salt and black pepper
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and return to the pan. Pour the warm sauce over the pasta and toss to coat the pasta well. In a separate bowl dress the rocket with a little oil or your favourite dressing (optional).
- Scatter a little rocket over each plate then top with the beetrooty pasta. Drizzle over any sauce left in the pan and sprinkle over the chives. Top with the remaining rocket and a few shavings of parmesan (optional).