Summer garden salad of traditional beetroot, radish, celery, spring onions, with smoked trout
- Preparation Time:
- 10 mins
- Cooking Time:
What you'll need:
For the horseradish cream dressing:
- 3 tbsp creme fraiche
- 3 tbsp greek yogurt
- 1-2 tbsp horseradish sauce, to taste
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Small bunch chives, snipped
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
For the salad:
- 3 generous handfuls of mixed salad leaves
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 packs traditional cooked beetroot, sliced
- A bunch of radishes, sliced finely
- ½ head of celery, sliced finely
- A small bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- 4 smoked trout fillets
What to do:
- Make the horseradish cream dressing by mixing everything in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Toss the salad leaves in a little extra virgin olive oil and divide between four dishes. Scatter over the beetroot, radishes, celery and spring onions.
- Finally, top each with a trout fillet and a generous dollop of dressing. Serve immediately.