Lamb & Sweetfire® Beetroot Burgers with Feta
- Preparation Time:
- 10 mins
- Cooking Time:
- 15 - 20 mins
What you'll need:
- 500g minced lamb
- 250g SweetfireŽ beetroot*, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100g feta cheese, cut into 4 pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 burger buns or ciabatta rolls
- Salad leaves
- Cherry tomatoes, cut in ˝
- Finely sliced red onion rings
What to do:
- In a large bowl, combine the lamb, SweetfireŽ beetroot, egg, mint and garlic. Season to taste with salt & freshly ground black pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Divide into 4 equal portions. Take one portion and flatten it in the palm of your hand. Place a cube of feta in the middle and draw the meat up and over the cheese, moulding it into a burger shape and taking care to ensure the cheese is totally surrounded. Repeat with the other meat portions and set aside in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- When you are ready to cook the burgers, heat a griddle pan (or BBQ) to medium hot and cook the burgers for around 6-8 minutes on each side. Check they are cooked by inserting a skewer into the middle. If it comes out piping hot to touch they are cooked, if not cook for a further minute or so.
- Serve the burgers in buns with salad.
* Ruby red baby beetroot, freshly cooked and infused with SweetfireŽ marinade (a natural marinade made using chillis, oil, a little sugar, and white wine vinegar) which adds a delicious kick to salads and spices up cold meats and sandwiches. Available from Tescos and Waitrose.