Great with cheese, cold meats, on a baked potato or with sausages.
|1.5kg raw beetroot, trimmed, peeled and diced|
|20 shallots, quartered|
|40 radishes, quartered|
|2 eating apples, peeled and grated|
|2 tbsp BART mustard seeds|
|2 tbsp BART coriander seeds|
|800ml white wine vinegar|
|600ml balsamic vinegar|
|700g demerara sugar|
What to do:
- In your largest saucepan, combine all of the ingredients and bring to a simmer. Cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally, until the beetroot is cooked and the juices have thickened.
- Once the chutney is done, spoon it into sterilised jars and seal the lids while it’s still hot. Use straight away or keep for up to 6 weeks.
- To sterilise your jars, run them through a hot wash in your dish washer or boil in a pan of water for 10 minutes.
- Great with cheese, cold meats, on a baked potato or with sausages.
- The flavour will improve if kept for a few weeks.
- Once open keep in the fridge.