|500g new potatoes, cut into wedges|
|250g pack cooked beetroot, cut into half|
|250g Chantenay carrots, or 250g large carrots peeled & cut into 2cm chunks|
|1 onion, cut into large dice|
|3 cloves garlic, cut into fine slices|
|2-3 sprigs for thyme|
|175ml white wine|
|4tbsp extra virgin olive oil|
|4 chicken legs|
|salt & freshly ground black pepper|
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
- In a large roasting tin, mix the potatoes, beetroot, carrots, onion and garlic.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and pour over the wine, and tuck the thyme in between the vegetables. Season well with salt & pepper.
- Season the chicken legs all over with salt and pepper and lay them on top of the vegetables. Cover loosely with foil and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil from the tin and return to the oven. Bake for a further 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is golden and crisp and the vegetable are cooked through.