Quick and easy tarts, ideal for using up leftover poached salmon and perfect as either a light lunch or as nibbles at a party.
|1 sheet ready-rolled puff pastry|
|2 packs traditional cooked beetroot, drained|
|350g cooked salmon (or hot smoked salmon fillets)|
|3 tbsp full fat crème fraiche|
|Small bunch of dill chopped|
|Salt & freshly ground black pepper|
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 220°C
- Unroll the sheet of pastry and cut into 4 equal rectangles. If you want to make smaller tarts for a party buffet, cut into 8 rectangles. Arrange on a baking sheet, leaving a little room around each, and score a fine line 5mm in from the edge all around each piece of pastry creating a border.
- Slice the beetroot into narrow wedges. Flake the salmon into bite sized pieces. Arrange the beetroot and salmon onto the pastry, keeping within the border.
- In a small bowl mix together the creme fraiche and dill and season with a little salt and pepper. Spoon a little onto the centre of each tart.
- Bake in the oven for around 15-20 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden. Small tarts will take a little less time.