|250g pack sweet chilli cooked beetroot|
|400g can Chickpeas|
|6 tbs any flour (I use buckwheat)|
|1 large egg|
|1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for brushing|
|1 onion, chopped|
|2 cloves garlic, chopped|
|2 tsp ground cumin|
|1 tsp Paprika|
|Handful of fresh coriander|
|Handful of fresh parsley|
|Large pinch salt and pepper|
|Serve with a mixed leaf salad|
|• Garlic Tahini dressing|
|• 1 garlic clove, finely chopped 100ml tahini|
|• 70ml water|
|• Juice of 1 lemon|
|• Salt and pepper|
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
- Grate the beetroot into a sieve over a bowl or the sink, and squeeze out any excess liquid.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and soften the onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Stir in the cumin and paprika, and cook for another minute.
- Using a food processor, whizz the grated beetroot, onion mix, chickpeas, flour and egg to a smooth paste. Using damp hands, to avoid the mixture sticking, roll into 20 even-sized balls and place on a non-stick baking sheet. Brush lightly with oil and bake for 20–25 minutes until crisp.
- While the falafels are cooking, make your tahini dressing by mixing everything together in a small bowl until smooth.
- Serve your falafels with the salad and tahini dressing. They’re also great in a wrap.
- Place in fridge for 10-15 mins to firm up and enjoy!